Fifty Reasons Why A Saved PersonBy: Timothy S. Morton
Can NEVER Be Lost.
(Used With Permission)
1. ETERNAL LIFE IS ETERNAL! John 3:15; 10:28; Romans 6:23; 1 John 2:25; 5:11; 5:13; etc.; By definition eternal means never ending. Once a believer has eternal life it can never be taken away. If it could be it would not be eternal!
2. EVERLASTING LIFE IS EVERLASTING! Daniel 12:2; John 3:16; 3:36; 5:24; 6:40; 6:47; Romans 6:22; etc.; Likewise, everlasting life can never end. It is everlasting regardless of the believerís behavior.
3. IT IS GODíS WILL! John 6:39; It is Godís will that Christ lose none of those who come to Him.
4. HEAVEN IS RESERVED FOR HIM! 1 Peter 1:4; An inheritance in Heaven is reserved for the believer.
5. SALVATION (INHERITANCE) IS INCORRUPTIBLE! 1 Peter 1:4; No one can corrupt something God has made incorruptible.
6. SALVATION (INHERITANCE) CANNOT BE DEFILED! 1 Peter 1:4; No one can defile something which God says cannot be defiled.
7. HE IS SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! Ephesians 1:13; No power in Heaven or earth can break Godís seal.
8. HE IS SEALED UNTO THE DAY OF REDEMPTION! Ephesians 4:30; The believer is sealed until the day God redeems his body.
9. HOLY SPIRIT WILL ABIDE FOREVER! John 14:16-17; The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is permanent.
10. HE IS PRESERVED FOREVER! Psalm 37:28; God preserves the saint forever.
11. HE IS BORN OF GOD! John 1:12-13; The believer actually becomes Godís child and cannot be ďunborn.Ē
12. HE IS A NEW CREATURE! 2 Corinthians 5:17; God has made the believer a new creature and no one can ďuncreateĒ him.
13. HE IS CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS! Ephesians 2:10; The saint was created in his Saviour.
14. HE IS PRESERVED UNTO THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM! 2 Timothy 4:18; The believer is preserved like Paul since God is no respecter of persons.
15. HE IS KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD! 1 Peter 1:5; Since God is keeping him, the believer cannot fall from salvation.
16. CHRIST HAS PRAYED FOR HIM! John 17:11; Jesus prayed that God would keep all who He had given Him.
17. WORKS CANNOT AFFECT HIS SALVATION! Romans 11:6; Salvation is not gained by works, so it cannot be lost by works.
18. HIS FAITH IS COUNTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS! Romans 4:5; It is faith which brings salvation to a believer.
19. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE HIM FROM THE LOVE OF CHRIST! Romans 8:38-39; Nothing material, immaterial, past, present, or future can separate a believer from Christís love.
20. SALVATION IS OF THE LORD! Jonah 2:9; Salvation is all Godís work. He bought it and provided it.
21. GOD IS ABLE TO KEEP HIM! 2 Timothy 1:12; The believerís salvation rests on Godís omnipotent ability to keep him.
22. HE IS PROMISED NOT TO COME INTO CONDEMNATION! John 5:24; This promise would be broken if even one believer fell into eternal condemnation.
23. HE IS PROMISED TO NEVER PERISH! John 10:27-28; Every saint has an unconditional promise to never perish.
24. HE WILL NEVER BE CAST OUT! John 6:37; Under no condition will any believer be cast out from Christ or Heaven.
25. ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO HIM! Romans 8:28; It would not be good for one to lose his salvation.
26. HE IS IN CHRISTíS HAND! John 10:28; The believer is in his Saviours hand.
27. HE IS IN THE FATHERíS HAND! John 10:29-30; The saint is in his heavenly Fatherís hand.
28. HE IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A SHEEP! John 10:27-28; A sheep represents a saved person and cannot change from being one.
29. GODíS MERCY NEVER ENDS! Titus 3:5; The believer is saved by Godís mercy and it endures forever (Psalm 136).
30. GOD CANNOT LIE! Titus 1:2; Once God has saved a believer, He cannot go back on His word.
31. HIS SINS ARE GONE FOREVER! Psalm 103:12; Micah 7:19; Isaiah 38:17; 44:22; Hebrews 10:17; The saints sins are gone.
32. HE SHALL BE LIKE CHRIST! 1 John 3:2; It is a certainty that the believer will be like Christ.
33. GOD SEES HIM AS ALREADY GLORIFIED! Romans 8:30; The saint is as good as glorified in Godís sight.
34. HE IS BORN OF INCORRUPTIBLE SEED! 1 Peter 1:23; The Christianís new birth was from incorruptible seed.
35. HE WILL APPEAR WITH CHRIST IN GLORY! Colossians 3:4; The saint is promised to appear with Christ when He returns.
36. HE IS HIDDEN IN CHRIST! Colossians 3:3; The believer is dead to the world and alive in Christ.
37. HE IS DEAD TO AND FREED FROM SIN! Romans 6:2-7; Sin can no longer affect the saintís destiny. He is freed from it.
38. THE LORD IS NOW PRAYING FOR HIM! Hebrews 7:25; The Lord is presently interceding in the believerís behalf.
39. GOD WILL FINISH WHAT HE STARTED! Philippians 1:6; God began the work of salvation and will finish it.
40. HE HAS ETERNAL REDEMPTION! Hebrews 9:12; Every believer has been eternally redeemed from his sins.
41. HIS LIFE IS CHRISTíS LIFE! Colossians 3:4; The saints life is Christís very own life, so how could it be lost?
42. HE HAS AN EVERLASTING COVENANT WITH GOD! Hebrews 13:20; God made a covenant to give the saint everlasting life.
43. HE IS KEPT FROM FALLING BY CHRIST! Jude 24; A Christian cannot fall from grace because Christ is keeping him.
44. SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT! Romans 6:23; A free gift is given with no conditions.
45. HE HAS IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS! Romans 4:6-7; The righteousness the saint has is Christís perfect righteousness.
46. HE IS A PART OF CHRIST! Ephesians 5:30; Every believer is a part of Christís body. ďBone of His bone....Ē
47. CHRIST IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF HIS SALVATION! Hebrews 12:2; Christ began and will finish his salvation.
48. HE HAS BEEN PREDESTINATED TO BE CONFORMED TO CHRISTíS IMAGE! Romans 8:29; After salvation the believer is predestinated.
49. CHRISTíS BLOOD HAS MADE PEACE FOR HIM! Colossians 1:20; The saint has peace with God through the blood.
50. THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN SO HE COULD BELIEVE AND KNOW! 1 John 5:13; The saint can know he HAS ETERNAL SALVATION!
Note: While I believe this study is sound and well worth passing on, I cannot endorse all this particular author teaches - especially in regards to his hyper-dispensationalism. He is sound in regards to salvation during this age of grace, but he believes that salvation is different in different dispensations. I believe that clearly contradicts the plain teachings of the Scriptures. Two excellent articles on this theme are: